ACCREDITATION REQUIREMENTS – CME EVENTS/E-LEARNING
Within the EU-ACME programme the accreditation of all CME programmes is performed on-line from the EU-ACME website – accessible through MyCME. To access the online applicaiton CME provider has to register first.
The activity must be evaluated and accredited beforehand.
To be accepted as the CME event, an event must meet requirements as CME:
- Clearly states educational and scientific objectives;
- Fulfil a recognised professional need in the field, as defined in the statement of objectives;
- Present subject matter that attains the stated objectives;
- Make use of current teaching and learning techniques;
- Indicate selection criteria for presenters;
- Be free of commercial bias;
- Award certificates of attendance and course completion
- Be national and/or organised in a country where there is no CME system at all and no accreditation institution/committee.