What requirements should a CME event meet to be accepted as CME?
To be accepted as the CME event, an event must meet requirements as CME:
- Clearly states educational and scientific objectives;
- Fulfill a recognized professional need in the field, as defined in the statement of objectives;
- Present subject matter that attains the stated objectives;
- Make use of current teaching and learning techniques;
- Indicate selection criteria for presenters;
- Be free of commercial bias;
- Award certificates of attendance and course completion
- Be national and/or organised in a country where there is no CME system at all and no accreditation institution/committee.